1. Team up with a local agency that provides information, programs, or other types of support to families.
2. Use the Security Is A Family Matter brochure when introducing your company to customers and during the sales presentation. Customize the brochure to include the logo of your partner agency.
3. Use the SFM sales presentation.
4. Include links on your web site to nonprofit organizations such as the United Way or other local charities.
5. Plan community events with your partner agency.
Announce joint plans to the media, highlighting the unique relationship between your business and the nonprofit agency.
• 33 percent reduction in the rate of juvenile arrests.
• 29 percent increase in the rate of high school graduation (United Way, Success by Six program, 2002)
1. Because The Study Group on Very Young Offenders strongly urges that efforts to reduce serious forms of delinquency should shift from a focus on adolescent delinquents and more serious chronic juvenile offenders to a focus on child delinquents. (U.S. Department of Justice, May 2003)
2. Abused or neglected kids are 29 percent more likely to become adult criminals than are average children. (2003 ScoutNews, LLC)
3. Because the cost of child abuse and neglect in the U.S. causes a staggering financial drain – estimated at $94 billion annually – on social, medical, and judicial services. Study by Prevent Child Abuse America, 2001
4. Because family isolation is a predictor of child abuse and neglect.
5. Because 26% of children who are abused or neglected become delinquents.
6. Because according to the National Institute of Justice, 13% of all violence can be linked to earlier child maltreatment. (Prevent Child Abuse America, 2001)
7. Because the National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime lists these family characteristics as factors in the profile of a potentially dangerous child:
• Turbulent parent-child relationships
• Access to weapons
• Lack of intimacy
• No limits on children’s behavior or monitoring of TV and the Internet
1. Because one-half of all Americans believe child abuse and neglect is the most important public health issue facing this country, compared to other issues like drug and alcohol abuse, heart disease, cancer, and HIV/AIDS. (Prevent Child Abuse America, 2000)
2. Because what happens in the home affects what happens in the community.
A customer who buys from your company is supporting crime prevention at the same time. In the case of the Security Is A Family Matter program, choosing a GE Security Pro is to help reduce the causes of crime by supporting agencies that foster strong families.
• 86% of consumers agree that when price and quality are equal, they are more likely to buy a product associated with a cause.
• 73% of consumers agree they would switch from one brand to another, price and quality being equal.
• 86% of consumers agree that they have a more positive image of a company if they see it is doing something to make the world a better place.
• Most Americans (60%) reported that they planned to purchase a holiday gift associated with a good cause, and 63% of them are very likely or somewhat likely to consider a company’s reputation for charitable donations when buying (up from 56% in 1997). The Cone Holiday Trend Tracker study also reported that women and households with children are especially likely to consider a company’s charitable reputation at purchase time (68% in each case). The same is true for the 25-34 year old consumer group (72%), a prime target for national marketers.
• Custom SFM brochure
• Town Hall forum presentation
• New, updated position paper
• Custom press release
• SFM feature/benefit sheets
• Security survey
• SFM content on www.securitypro.com
• Downloadable SFM artwork for, ads, billboards, direct-mail postcards
• See www.ge-securitypro.com in the dealer support area for all the details http://www.ge-securitypro.com
Fax the order form to Printing Arts Inc. at 763-425-4616 If you have any questions please contact Rick Hansen or Laura Giese at 763-425-4251.
Printing Arts Inc. is at
8801 Wyoming Avenue North • Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55445 Phone: 763-424-4251 email@example.com
• child abuse detection and prevention
• coping strategies for parents
• safe schools
• crime prevention
• fire prevention
• Include links on your web site to www.securitypro.com, www.securityisafamilymatter.com, and the local agencies you support.
• Use SFM ads, the SFM brochure, and other sales and marketing materials in your campaigns
• Make security and parent support materials available to prospects and customers
• Make the SFM position paper available online
• Co-sponsor a Town Hall meeting
• Customize the dealer press release and notify your local TV, magazine, and newspaper editors, announcing your alliance, your commitment, and plans for supporting parents as a means of decreasing crime.
Use the release to announce local partnerships and what you’re contributing to the cause of reducing crime through strengthening families. Include facts about the charity you’re supporting and ways they help reduce crime by strengthening families. The media like a “feel-good” story, but they also want to know that your efforts are truly making a difference. Facts about crime reduction, drug abuse reduction, or stats that show an agency’s effectiveness in supporting families will appeal to editors. See the SFM position paper for more factual information about the link between strong families and crime reduction. Always include a quote by a qualified company spokesperson.
• Plan and announce a Town Hall meeting on family security and child abuse detection/prevention. Invite the press to attend. They’ll be interested in learning about the security concerns of their readers.
• Tie in with an event that has built-in media coverage, such as fundraisers, National Night Out events, March of Dimes events, United Way, school- and other community-based events–and announce your participation to the press.
• Focus your charitable donations on specific events related to family safety, security, and abuse prevention so you gain the higher profile of an event sponsor.
• Support events that you truly believe in. The public can smell a fake for miles.
• Create a contest that anyone can win and offer a prize that anyone would want to win.
• You have partnered with an agency to support the products, information, and services it takes to make strong families.
• GE Security Pros are dedicated to fostering the best sources of security available: the highest quality electronic detection systems, and strong families.
• Buying from a GE Security Pro is an act of community service that strengthens communities by helping to reduce the causes of criminal behavior.
• See the SFM Position Paper for more key messages.